How to Transfer Information to Your Pension Provider
Please see our separate guides for the following pension providers.
If your pension provider accepts the Payroll and Pension Data Interface Standard, please see our PAPDIS Guide.
Other Pension Providers
If you use a different pension provider, you can set them up as follows:
- Set up your pension scheme within the 'Workplace Pensions' option.
- Add the normal pension contributions on the 'Starting Contributions' tab.
- Add members to the pension scheme - see our guide on How to Assess Your Staff.
Creating CSV Files for Your Pension Provider
When setting up the pension scheme within 'Workplace Pensions', you have the option to choose an interface type. If you have done this, you will be able to create a pension file once you have completed your pay run.
- Complete your pay run and click the 'Confirm Payments' button.
- Click the 'Pensions' tab. If there are enrolments or contributions to transfer, you will see the option to create a file.
- Click 'Create'.
- To view the contents, tick 'Show File' and then 'View Data'.
- Click 'Download'.
- If you see an option to open with Microsoft Office Excel, beware! It can change the file and cause upload errors. Choose the 'Save' option instead.
- Upload the file to your pension provider using their instructions.
- If anyone joins or leaves the pension, the 'Pensions' tab has a 'Mark as Done' button. Click it after you have transferred the file successfully.