What if I don't know the Payroll ID used by my previous system?
If you can't find out the Payroll ID used by your previous payroll system, please follow these steps.
- Add the employees onto The Payroll Site, giving them all new references.
- Enter and confirm any previous pay runs in the tax year, if any, to match your old system (don't send as RTI submissions).
- Enter and confirm your first new pay run and go to the RTI Submission tab.
- Tick the checkbox that indicates you don't know the Payroll ID and then click the button to create the RTI submission.
- When you send the RTI submission, it will automatically send the Payroll ID Changed indicator to HMRC.