The Payroll Site

What if I don't know the Payroll ID used by my previous system?

If you can't find out the Payroll ID used by your previous payroll system, please follow these steps.

  1. Add the employees onto The Payroll Site, giving them all new references.
  2. Enter and confirm any previous pay runs in the tax year, if any, to match your old system (don't send as RTI submissions).
  3. Enter and confirm your first new pay run and go to the RTI Submission tab.
  4. Tick the checkbox that indicates you don't know the Payroll ID and then click the button to create the RTI submission.
  5. When you send the RTI submission, it will automatically send the Payroll ID Changed indicator to HMRC.

Back to the FAQ

Return to The Payroll Site