How can I pay an ex-employee after I have processed them as a leaver?
If you have entered the employee's leaving date, sent the RTI submission and issued a P45 and then discovered you need to make an extra payment to the employee:
- On the employee's Tax Details page, set the Final Pay Date to be the Pay Date of the extra payment.
- If the tax code starts with an S, change it to S0T, otherwise change it to 0T.
- Set 'Tax Code is Week1/Month1?' to Yes.
- Use the Pay Employees option to enter the pay run for the employee (if you are not paying the other employees, start the pay run and then untick them).
- Once you have confirmed the pay run, send the RTI submission and give the payslip to the employee.
Note: If the final payment is to be made in the next tax year (6th April onwards), remember to set the Final Pay Date before you click 'Finish Tax Year'.