How do I export my pay run figures to QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks Online is an online accounting system from Intuit. If you have a QuickBooks Online account, you can transfer your payroll figures directly, to save you from retyping them.
If you access QuickBooks Online via a login with Barclays, MyBusinessWorks or Smarta, we can not connect to these systems so you will need to transfer your figures manually.
To set up your account on The Payroll Site:
- Click the 'Accounting' option.
- Click 'Edit Details' and select the option for 'QuickBooks Online'.
- Click 'Set to Defaults' or fill in the account names manually.
- Click 'Connect' and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be redirected to the QuickBooks Online website to complete the authorisation.
To transfer your figures:
- Use The Payroll Site to calculate your pay run as normal and click 'Confirm Payments'.
- Click the 'Export to Accounting' button.
- Click 'Create Accounting Transaction'.
- Click 'Send to QuickBooks Online', which will create a journal entry in your QuickBooks account.
Intuit and QuickBooks are registered trademarks of Intuit Inc. Used with permission.